While Covid-19 cases in our school community have been relatively low, please keep the following in mind:
- The school must be informed if anyone in close contact with a BFS student, or the student, is suspected of Covid-19 infection.
- If a student’s family member is positive for Covid-19, the student is recommended to take an at-home test before coming to school.
- Students presenting any of the following Covid-19 symptoms must stay home:
- fever, cough, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, pneumonia as well as fatigue, loss of appetite, phlegm, gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc), confusion, dizziness, runny nose, stuffy nose, hemoptysis, chest pain, conjunctivitis (pink eye), and dermatological conditions (skin problems).
- Rapid antigen testing (RAT) is highly recommended for those with Covid-19 symptoms.
- BFS may require a student to take a RAT when showing any of the Covid-19 symptoms at school.
- Students with Covid-19 must complete the 7-day quarantine. Afterwards, the student must wear a KF-94 mask for three days more.
Our School Nurse, Ms. Hyunsuk Kim, will contact families in the event of a positive Covid-19 RAT at school. Students will rest in the designated area until they are picked up.
As always, we encourage everyone to maintain good hygiene practices for hand sanitizing and indoor mask wearing.
Please see the Enhanced Safety Guidelines for details.
Thank you for your understanding and support to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.
Lauren Harvey Carl Brenneman
Early Childhood & Elementary Principal Middle School & High School Principal