Dear BFS Community,
The Korean Ministry of Education has sent Busan Foreign School instructions to communicate the following to all of our families.
The Ministry of Health and Welfare and the Korean Center for Disease Control have recommended that Korean citizens defer all non-essential travel to nearby countries that are experiencing community-spread infections of COVID-19.
The list of such countries, which was initially only mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau, has been expanded to include Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
As a result, Busan Foreign School is also recommending BFS families not to travel to these locations for the foreseeable future.
As per the new Ministry of Education guidelines, if you must travel to those countries, you will not be allowed to return to school for a period of 14 days.
If you have traveled to any of these countries and experience symptoms of fever, cough, etc., you must visit a health center or call 1339.
Please inform the school if you plan to travel to any of these regions before April 2020.
Busan Foreign School has put in place the following measure to keep our students, teachers, staff, and visitor’s safe while at BFS:
- Strict enforcing of sick policy.
- Daily temperature monitoring of everyone prior to entering campus. In order to do so efficiently, we have purchased a body temperature monitor (similar to the one used at the airports).
- Classrooms have been distributed: hand sanitizer, sterilizing wipes, gloves
- Hiring of additional professional cleaning staff.
- Teachers trained to help students use of the above.
- Daily monitoring of news and analyzing potential risk factors.
- Daily monitoring of BFS absences.
- Communicating with parents when new information has become available and decisions made.
- Canceling the Jeju trips due to air travel, hotels, and airport concerns.