March is a special month at BFS as we celebrate Literacy month. Although literacy is part of our daily lives at BFS, during the month of March we plan fun and didactic activities focused on honing the love for reading and writing.
- On Wednesday March 8th, we hosted a school-wide read-aloud of Thank You Mr. Falker, a story about a girl with a reading disability who finally ends up succeeding as a reader thanks to a caring teacher. Ilya Kim recorded Mr. Macfarlane reading “Thank You Mr. Falker”, and the video was simultaneously shown to all classes on March Check the recording on: http://busanforeignschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2017.03.Mr-Macfarlane-Story-Reading.mp4 (Fun Fact: This is autobiographical, so Trisha from the book is actually the very famous author, Patricia Polacco.)
- On Tuesday March 14th, HS Stuco and the PTSO welcomed parents and students to have breakfast at the school … with a book. This was a great event where parents, teachers and students were brought together for the love of reading. It was great to see so many faces. thank you HS Stuco for waking up so early to prepare such delicious breakfast for all.
- On Wednesday March 15th, during the “Teacher Read Aloud Book Swap” teachers were sent to different classrooms to read their short story of choice to students.
- On Wednesday March 22nd, MS and HS students became reading buddies of Early Childhood and Elementary students. it was great to see young and “old” reading together.
- On Thursday March 24th, we hosted a Library Open House where parents were invited to discover our large book collection and even check out books of their choice. The same day upper elementary got to come to school dressed up like their favourite book character!
and things do not stop here … Save the date for June 1st and June 2nd as we host “What The Book”, the Seoul based English book store at our school for a book fair. Do not miss the opportunity to tell “What The Book” which books you are interested in by filling in the google form:
The best way to stock your shelves before the summer holidays!