During the month of March we celebrate Literacy month at BFS, here is a summary overview of activities we have planned for you all:
- Wednesday March 8th — School Wide Read Aloud and Book Talks
Everybody in school reads the same book during the day: Thank you, Mr. Falker Pause reading/video for students to write down reactions.
- Tuesday March 14th — Breakfast with a Book
HS Student Council invites all students and parents to have breakfast with a book in the cafeteria before school
- Wednesday March 15th — Teacher Swap Read Aloud
Teachers bring a favorite book: Swap teachers to classrooms.
- Wednesday March 22nd — Schoolwide Reading Buddies
HS and MS classes come to Elementary classes to act as reading buddies for the kids.
- Thursday March 23rd — BFS Library Open House
This is open to students and parents. Come see what the library has to offer … parents are also welcome to check out books! Treats will be provided and free books will be given out to students.
- Thursday March 23rd — Dress up like a Book Character Day (Elementary only)
Dress up like a book character