Change for Change Final count! An initiative by the National Honor Society where all proceedings are donated to KIVA and Doctors without Borders.
Thanks to the participation of both Middle and High School the total amount raised is of: 984,890krw!
All proceeds have gone to charity as promised.
- $670 (USD) has gone to Doctors Without Borders.
- $100 (USD) has gone to a KIVA loan.
With our donation, Doctors Without Borders will be able to provide:
- Infection-fighting antibiotics to treat nearly 80 wounded children ($200)
- Sterilization kit for syringes and needles used in mobile vaccination campaigns ($250).
- Vaccinations for 100 people against meningitis, measles, polio, and/or other deadly epidemics. ($100).
- Two basic suture kits to repair minor shrapnel wounds. ($70)
- Two high-energy meals a day to 400 children. ($70)
With our loan of $100, Aldo Javier can purchase medications, syrup, injections, antibiotics and serum for his pharmacy, and in turn, protect the people in his community from disease.
1. MS donated: 656,620krw; HS donated 309,920krw
2. Winners: grade 6 and grade 9: On Wednesday, grades 6 and 9 do not have to wear their uniforms! bonus prize to be announced!
3. Jars which held the most money: 7 and 12. This shows furious attempt to set those classes back!
4. NHS will update advisories about our donations soon.
Thanks so much for your friendly competition and generosity! You have a made a difference in people’s lives!
Besides the Korean won people donated
1.14 Singapore dollars
1 Thai baht
YOU Can Make a Difference!!
- With the money we raised we have been able to change the lives of nearly 600 people.
- Special thanks to the winning classes (6 and 9) and to the juniors and seniors whose money jars collected the largest amounts of money.
- More thanks to the Change for Change committee and the money counters!
You can change lives yourself at: https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/onetime.cfm
article written by the BFS National Honor Society