Below you will find material that will be helpful as a guide for your students during online learning.
Weekly Zoom Teacher Conferences
Begin next week, March 9
Parents please set-up a 15-minute conference with me on Calendy
Parent must be present at all times while conferencing
Daily Optional Morning Meeting on Zoom at 8:30-9:00 – link provided in parent e-mail
- Student Attendance
– Attendance will be taken before 12:00 p.m.
– Students must submit at least one assignment on Seesaw or Google Classroom before 12:00 p.m. so I can see their online work.
- Google Classroom
– Students will be prompted to join or return to previous Google Classroom to complete some assignments.
- Google Classroom
– Lessons will be presented on Seesaw and directions will explain where work should be completed.
– Students can submit a response for each lesson.
– Specialists will be using this as their main platform.
I hope everyone had a great summer with family and friends. More than anything I hope your son/daughter is looking forward for school to start. My name is Christy Nelson and I will be teaching your child this year in Grade 5. I am excited to meet all of the students and get to know them as individuals. I aim to provide your child with a safe, warm, and inviting environment in which to learn.
I am happy to be in Busan and a member of the BFS community. I grew up in Aurora, Illinois. I moved to the mountains and worked in Yellowstone National Park and then attended college in Bozeman, Montana where I received my Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education. I also hold an endorsement in Special Education k-12 from MSU-Billings. I have taught Special Education on the Fort Belknap Indian Reservation and have taught 4th grade at the American School of Kuwait prior to Busan.
This is my third year teaching at BFS. My husband Erik is teaching middle school Language Arts at BFS. My son and daughter, Mason and Elsie will be attending school at BFS. I am happy to be a part of the school community not only as a teacher but as a parent. My family loves spending time outdoors hiking and camping.
I look forward to working with you and your child this year. Please contact me for any reason at email@example.com