Today is Sunday, 29 March 2020.
Welcome to our fourth week of virtual learning. We hope that the last few weeks students and parents are accustomed to online learning. I am noticing students getting more comfortable with using the Seesaw tools, connecting on to Zoom, and using Google Classroom. If you need any assistance with lessons, please let me know and schedule a conference with me this week.
Please sign-up for a 15-minute conference next week so your child can get one-on-one time with me next week.
- Weekly Zoom Teacher Conferences
- Student Attendance
- Google Classroom
- Check the daily schedule of all lessons, materials, and assignments.
- Google Classroom
- All lessons will be posted on Seesaw
- You can see mini-lesson video lessons
- Students can submit a response for each lesson
- Specialists will be using this as their main platform
- Other Resources
- Things to Remember
Ms. Brenda Aguilar
Fourth Grade Homeroom Teacher
- Google Classroom – check daily schedule, for lessons and assignments
- Seesaw – check for short video lessons and responding to the lessons
- Newsela – online news for kids
- XtraMath – math facts (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication)
- Getepic – read and listen to books online
- class code: tym0715
- Reading Response Question
- not everything has to be online, ask these questions when you read with your child
Check Google Classroom to see it live!
- Spelling & Grammar
- Social Studies
A message to students:
If you’re using Seesaw for the first time:
- Go to app.seesaw.me
- Choose “I’m a Student”
- Type in the code: RUWW ZRXR. This code expires on March 10, 2020
- Finish creating your account using your school Google account or email address
Please check out the leveled book links below. Look for repeating authors and titles for selection of book series.
If your child likes one of the books in the series, they are most likely to enjoy the rest of the books!
At Home Reading Supports:
Dear Fourth Grade Family,
I am pleased to welcome you to fourth grade. We have an exciting year ahead of us and ready to kick off the year at Busan Foreign School. I would like to start by introducing myself. My name is Brenda Aguilar, but I will go by Miss B. I am originally from Los Angeles, California and have moved around the U.S. (Michigan & Washington D.C.) working, studying and teaching. When I am not teaching, you will find me hiking, rock climbing, or traveling. Prior to coming to BFS, I worked as an international teacher in Monterrey, Mexico at American School Foundation of Monterrey. This will be my fifth year teaching 4th grade.
I feel honored for the opportunity to teach your child this year. I truly enjoy working with fourth graders because this is a year of substantial growth both academically and social-emotionally. It is my goal for every child to reach their maximum potential. I feel this can be achieved with a helpful and continuous collaboration at home and school. I will you keep you informed on weekly assignments and projects so you are in the loop of all the exciting learning experience happening in our classroom.
The first day of school is August 19th. Our day starts at 8:30a.m. and ends on 3:30pm. I like to keep parents apprised of any important matters with your child or classroom. Communication will continue with newsletters as done in previous years. However, if you have any concerns, questions or anything important you would like me to know about your child, please contact me at email@example.com. I will try my best to contact you within 24 hours. If you need to see me in person, I am available after-school from 3:30-4:30pm. Please contact the office to schedule an appointment.
Looking forward to a wonderful school year!