We believe that all students, regardless of their financial or social standing, deserve an equal right to quality education.
BFS’ Mission Statement
Our mission is to inspire each learner and provide educational services that nurture their social, intellectual, emotional, and physical growth. BFS students are prepared to enter top universities worldwide and become responsible, contributing citizens in a rapidly changing world. Our ongoing commitment to intercultural understanding and a strong partnership of students, parents, and teachers allows us to achieve this in a caring and supportive environment.
Our students hail from 20 different nations.
They all feel at home at BFS.
SLOs stands for School-wide Learner Outcomes.
Busan Foreign School encourages students, teachers, and parents/guardians to work as a community of learners, fostering the traits of a true SHARK.
S-Socially Conscious: Be caring!
Socially Conscious students care about others.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in individual and group settings
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of various cultures
- Demonstrate ethical social and academic behaviors
- Develop an awareness for being inclusive of others and different opinions
H-Hardworking: Be your best!
Hardworking Achievers do their best.
- Formulate and pursue goals as lifelong learners
- Value every life situation as a learning experience
- Practice healthy personal, lifelong behaviors
- Develop a persistence and diligence to achieve quality work
A-Articulate: Be an active listener!
Articulate Communicators listen and share.
- Communicate clearly and accurately in English
- Develop confidence to communicate and share ideas
- Listen and respond constructively when collaborating with others
- Engage and inspire positivity in others
R-Respectful: Be Responsible for yourself and others!
Respectful Citizens are responsible for themselves and others.
- Become responsible citizens with an understanding for respect and diversity
- Demonstrate positive and caring attitudes
- Caring for the safety and welfare of self and others
- Exhibit self-motivation and self-discipline and accept individual and group responsibility
K-Knowledgeable: Be a problem solver!
Knowledgeable Critical Thinkers are problem solvers.
- Develop critical thinking skills and the ability to logically reason
- Analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information so that those ideas can be applied in a variety of different contexts
- Develop and apply problem solving strategies to real-life situations
- Be innovative by developing creative solutions
At BFS the student of the month/quarter awards are directly linked to these SLOs.