Job Opportunities at BFS
Busan Foreign School (BFS) is an international educational institution nestled in Busan, South Korea. Our school seeks dedicated, inventive, and inspiring educators who embody our SHARK values. Our school is accredited by WASC and delivers a rigorous American standards-based curriculum, complete with the Advanced Placement (AP) program. Our current faculty have 318 years of combined experience and have been teaching on average for over 9 years.
Situated in the charming Haeundae district of Busan, life is both comfortable and convenient. Our students are exceptional, and we invite you to embark on this journey with us.
- Licensed in subjects taught (U.S. licensure preferred)
- Teaching couples or singles preferred
- Characteristics of successful candidates: dedicated to teaching and learning, flexible, team player, adaptable, curious, lifelong learner
What we offer:
- Professional Development
- Housing Provided
- Airfare Allowance
- Shipping Reimbursement
- Settling-in Allowance
- Dependent’s Tuition
- School Lunch Provided
- National & Travel Health Insurance
- Retirement Pension
- Severance Pay
- Personal Days & Compassionate Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
* Please note that BFS has a mandatory teacher retirement policy at age 62.
** All interviews are conducted via Zoom.
Busan is a peaceful corner of South Korea that has 8 beautiful beaches, mountains, several hiking trails, public transportation, and so much more to make it the perfect place to live in Asia. It’s the second-largest city after Seoul with a population of over 3.4 million people. The cost of living is generally lower than in Seoul and the laid-back beach atmosphere. Public transportation is well-developed and reliable including buses and the subway which make it easy to get around to surrounding areas. Busan is also considered a safe country with low crime rates.
More on Busan
Check out local news to see more about Busan.