Our teachers combined experience is 318 years.
They have been teaching on average for 9.1 years.
At Busan Foreign School the social, emotional and physical well-being of our students is our number one priority. We practice safe-recruitment practices including extensive police and reference checks.
Our positions for 2023-24 will be posted with our recruitment partners: International Schools Services (ISS) and Search Associates. We welcome your application through these platforms.
If you are in Busan, and hold a valid working permit you might be interested in a substitute teacher position.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To recruit the best possible teachers to join our community of professional educators, we use International School Services (ISS) Recruitment and Search Associates.
Busan Foreign School (BFS), an ACS WASC accredited international school seeks highly-qualified teachers dedicated to creating engaging learning environments with high standards for teaching and learning.
BFS offers a challenging American standards based curriculum including a rigorous Advanced Placement (AP) program to students from many countries.
The school currently has 250 students schoolwide in Early Childhood through Grade 12 representing 17 different nationalities. The majority of our graduates continue on to top universities in the U.S., Canada, and worldwide.
Our school is located in the lovely Haeundae area of Busan where life is comfortable, convenient, and the students are great! Come join us!
- Licensed in subjects taught (U.S. licensure preferred)
- Teaching couples or singles preferred
- Characteristics of successful candidates: dedicated to teaching and learning, flexible, team player, adaptable, curious, lifelong learner
Benefits package includes:
- Two-year contracts
- Teaching salary + housing + benefits
- Furnished housing or housing allowance provided
- Initial airfare reimbursed for out-of-country hires
- Annual airfare allowance after completion of the first contract
- Professional development allowance
- Free lunch during regular school days
- Shipping allowance
- Severance pay after one full year of employment
- Free tuition for employee’s children
- Paid spring, summer, and winter breaks
- Paid national holidays
- 50/50 split on national medical insurance
- 5 personal days paid per year
- 5 days paid compassionate leave per year
- Local visa expenses covered
For more information see our Standard benefit package.
** Please note that BFS has mandatory teacher retirement policy at age 62.
Apply through one of our recruitment partners: ISS or Search Associates.
Interviews are conducted via Zoom.
Busan was featured in the National Geographic’s 25 Breathtaking Places and Experiences for 2023
Busan has been rated number 1 Best in Asia destination by Lonely Planet in 2018: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/best-in-asia
Below is a list of links to information on life in Korea and Busan.
- Busan Vacation Travel Guide by Expedia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh3wrmSUqaI
Comprehensive video about Busan.
- Busan Haps https://hapskorea.com
English expat magazine providing News and general information about events taking place in Busan City
- Dynamic Busan http://dynamic.busan.go.kr
Bi-weekly Busan Newsletter in English
- Busan Tourism Organization https://www.bto.or.kr/eng/Main.do
Basic information for tourists
- Gateway to Korea http://www.korea.net/
General information about Korea
- Busan Aquarium https://www.busanaquarium.com/en/
Busan Aquarium site
- UN Memorial Cemetery http://www.unmck.or.kr/eng_index.php
Busan United Nations Cemetery site
- Busan Cinema Center http://www.dureraum.org/english/Main.html
Busan Cinema Center (organizes one the Asia’s biggest movie festivals once a year)
- Molundae http://www.saha.go.kr/portalEn/contents.do?mId=0301000000
Molundae. One of the many Busan city attractions
- Haedong Yonggung Temple http://www.yongkungsa.or.kr
The Sea temple is just 20 minutes away from Busan Foreign School!
- Haeparanggil https://haeparanggil.com/services/trail/view/64
Walking, and biking trails along the East Coast of Korea (warning! Most of the information is in Korean)
- Nurimaru APEC House http://www.busan.go.kr/nurimaru/english.jsp
APEC house information is just 20 minutes away from Busan Foreign School.
- National Maritime Museum https://www.knmm.or.kr
The National Maritime Museum is Korea’s first comprehensive maritime museum.
- Teaching English in Korea https://kr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/teaching-in-korea/
Prospective and current U.S. teachers in Korea can find helpful information and links on the U.S. Embassy site listed above.