Our teachers combined experience is 374 years.
They have been teaching on average for 10.8 years.
At Busan Foreign School the social, emotional and physical well-being of our students is our number one priority. We practice safe-recruitment practices including extensive police and reference checks.
There are currently no vacancies at Busan Foreign School for the 2021-22 year.
However, we are always interested in receiving your C.V.
Please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries regarding employment.
To recruit the best possible teachers to join our community of professional educators, we use International School Services (ISS) Recruitment, Schrole, and Search Associates.
Busan Foreign School (BFS), a WASC accredited international school, seeks highly qualified teachers dedicated to creating dynamic learning environments with high standards for teaching and learning. BFS offers a challenging American curriculum including a rigorous AP program to students from many countries.
The school currently has 250 students school-wide in nursery, pre-kindergarten, and kindergarten through 12th grades. The majority of our graduates go on to study at top universities in the U.S., Canada, and elsewhere.
Our school is located in the lovely Haeundae area of Busan where life is comfortable, convenient, and the students are great! Come join us!
- Licensed in subjects taught (U.S. licensure preferred)
- Teaching couples or singles preferred
- Characteristics of successful candidates: dedicated to teaching and learning, flexible, team player, adaptable, curious, lifelong learner
Benefits package includes:
- Two-year contracts
- Teaching salary + housing + benefits
- Furnished housing or housing allowance provided
- Initial airfare reimbursed for out-of-country hires
- Annual airfare allowance after completion of the first contract
- Professional development allowance
- Free lunch during regular school days
- Shipping allowance
- Severance pay after one full year of employment
- Free tuition for employee’s children
- Paid spring, summer, and winter breaks
- Paid national holidays
- 50/50 split on national medical insurance
- 5 personal days paid per year
- 5 days paid compassionate leave per year
- Local visa expenses covered
For more information see our Standard benefit package.
** please note taht BFS has a 62-year-old mandatory retirement policy,
E-mail a resume or CV along with a current photo, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to email@example.com or fax the necessary documents to the following numbers:
- Within Korea: 051-747-9196
- Outside Korea: (Intl. Code) + 82-51-747-9196
Interviews are conducted by Skype or in person when possible.
Busan has been rated number 1 Best inAsia destination by Lonely Planet in 2018: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/best-in-asia
Below is a list of links to information on life in korea and Busan.
- Busan Vacation Travel Guide by Expedia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh3wrmSUqaI
Comprehensive video about Busan.
- Busan Haps https://hapskorea.com
English expat magazine providing News and general information about events taking place in Busan City
- Dynamic Busan http://dynamic.busan.go.kr
Bi-weekly Busan Newsletter in English
- Busan Tourism Organization https://www.bto.or.kr/eng/Main.do
Basic information for tourists
- Gateway to Korea http://www.korea.net/
General information about Korea
- Busan Aquarium https://www.busanaquarium.com/en/
Busan Aquarium site
- UN Memorial Cemetery http://www.unmck.or.kr/eng_index.php
Busan United Nations Cemetery site
- Busan Cinema Center http://www.dureraum.org/english/Main.html
Busan Cinema Center (organizes one the Asis’as biggest movie festivals once a year)
- Molundae http://www.saha.go.kr/portalEn/contents.do?mId=0301000000
Molundae. One of the many Busan city attractions
- Haedong Yonggung Temple http://www.yongkungsa.or.kr
The Sea temple, just 20 minutes away from Busan Foreign School!
- Haeparanggil https://haeparanggil.com/services/trail/view/64
Walking, biking trails along the East Coast of korea (warning! Most of the information is in Korean)
- Nurimaru APEC House http://www.busan.go.kr/nurimaru/english.jsp
APEC house information, just 20 minutes away from Busan Foreign School.
- National Maritime Museum https://www.knmm.or.kr
The National Maritime Museum is Korea’s first comprehensive maritime museum.
- Teaching English in Korea https://kr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/teaching-in-korea/
Prospective and current U.S. teachers in Korea can find helpful information and links on the U.S. Embassy site listed above.