Our current vacancies for the 2017-18 School Year are:
If interested please send your candidature to email@example.com
To recruit the best possible teachers to join our community of professional educators, we use International School Services (ISS), Search Associates and the University of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Recruiting Fair.
Busan Foreign School (BFS), a WASC accredited international school, seeks highly qualified teachers dedicated to creating dynamic learning environments with high standards for teaching and learning. BFS offers a challenging American curriculum including a rigorous AP program to students from many countries.
The school currently has 250 students school-wide in nursery, pre-kindergarten, and kindergarten through 12th grades. The majority of our graduates go on to study at top universities in the U.S., Canada and elsewhere.
Our school is located in the lovely Haeundae area of Busan where life is comfortable, convenient, and the students are great! Come join us!
- Licensed in subjects taught (U.S. licensure preferred)
- Teaching couples or singles preferred
- Characteristics of successful candidates: dedicated to teaching and learning, flexible, team player, adaptable, curious, life-long learner
Benefit package includes:
- Two year contracts
- Teaching salary + housing + benefits
- Furnished housing or housing allowance provided
- Initial airfare reimbursed for out-of-country hires
- Annual airfare allowance after completion of first contract
- Professional development allowance
- Free lunch during regular school days
- Shipping allowance
- Severance pay after one full year of employment
- Free tuition for employee’s children
- Paid spring, summer, and winter breaks
- Paid national holidays
- 50/50 split on national medical insurance
- 5 days paid sick leave per year
- 5 days paid compassionate leave per year
- Local visa expenses covered
For more information see our Standard benefit package.
E-mail a resume or CV along with a current photo, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax the necessary documents to the following numbers:
- Within Korea: 051-747-9196
- Outside Korea: (Intl. Code) + 82-51-747-9196
Interviews are conducted by Skype or in person when possible.
Below is a list of links to information on life in korea and Busan.
- Busan Haps http://www.busanhaps.com
English expat magazine providing News and general information about events taking place in Busan City
- Dynamic Busan http://dynamic.busan.go.kr
Bi-weekly Busan Newsletter in English
- Busan Life http://www.bfia.or.kr/webzine
Monthly information from the organization in Busan which promotes cultural understanding
- Busan Tourism http://etour.busan.go.kr
Busan city event information for tourists
- Busan Tourism Organization http://www.bto.or.kr/eng/06_visitor/a01.php
Basic information for tourists
- Gateway to Korea http://www.korea.net/
General information about Korea
- Busan Aquarium www.busanaquarium.com/en
Busan Aquarium site
- UN Memorial Cemetery http://www.unmck.or.kr/eng_index.php
Busan United Nations Cemetery site
- Busan Cinema Center http://www.dureraum.org/english/Main.html
Busan Cinema Center (organizes one the Asis’as biggest movie festivals once a year)
- Molundae http://english.saha.go.kr/02/01_t4.php
Molundae. One of the many Busan city attractions
- Haedong Yonggung Temple http://www.yongkungsa.or.kr/en/
The Sea temple, just 20 minutes away from Busan Foreign School!
- Haeparanggil http://www.haeparanggil.org/
Walking, biking trails along the East Coast of korea (warning! Most of the information is in Korean)
- Nurimaru APEC House http://www.busan.go.kr/open_content/APEC_2005/eng_nurimaru/6260000-arc-2.0-001.jsp?type=1
APEC house information, just 20 minutes away from Busan Foreign School.
- National Maritime Museum http://www.nmm.go.kr/english/intro/intro_1.asp
The National Maritime Museum is Korea’s first comprehensive maritime museum.
- Blog Busan for 91 days http://busan.for91days.com
Information collected by two travellers that spent 91 days in Busan
- Teaching English in Korea http://seoul.usembassy.gov/acs_teaching.html
Prospective and current U.S. teachers in Korea can find helpful information and links on the U.S. Embassy site listed above.